Check Your Car's Brake Fluid

The motor vehicle master cylinder is located on the driver's side near the firewall usually directly under the windshield.

Most master cylinders have two small round caps that you can twist off. Some may have one rectangular shaped cap that either snaps on or has a metal bar that clips over the top of the cap.

You can remove the metal clip by inserting a screwdriver under the clip and lifting up on the handle. The rectangular plastic cap is easily removed by popping it off with your thumbs. Side point Display caution when removing the cap. It's probably best if you use a paper towel and clean around the filler cap before removing it. You can find other helpful advice and information regarding how to choose a mechanic.